Sunday, April 17, 2005

Pitt Con, Uptown Girl, and More!

My first of 4 or 5 Comic Book Maker columns is in over at Newsarama so I figured I'd start off things with the blog once again!!! I got the Wise Intelligence Ashcans and they came out looking pretty damn good indeed, I was quite happy and now I can't wait for the book to be coming out.

Wise Intelligence #1 will be 'published' by Total Cult Comics in a nice nod to one of my favorite television shows 'Spaced'. Eleven stories all together now as I added in my buddy Bob Lipski's story 'Leeds and Leads' that I was planning on running sometime later but included it with the first issue.

Speaking of Bob you should head over to his site. His little book is PHENOM and I love it so much (and Bob to boot) that I asked him if I could write an issue. He said yes and that issue will be #26, two issues from now (#24 just came out). Then I wrote another which will turn in #27. Uptown Girl is a great fun read, monthly, and 24 pages. There is even a short film going into production...it starts filming TOMORROW! Pretty cool having a movie based on your comic I would say.

I will be at the Pittsburgh Comicon this coming Friday through Sunday. I'll be going there with Philip Clark and Rich Bernatovech (of Quantum: Rock of Ages and Sentinels respectively) and I do believe James Rodriguez, who is the artist on Quantum. So lots of fun is to be had by all there...ERNIE HUDSON will be in the house. If you can spot me swing on by...I"ll have a few ashcans with me and you can check out the comic. You can also meet Phil Juliano, who will be doing Wise Intelligence #2-4 (and hopefully many more after that!)

I'll be posting the cover of the comic in the next day or two. I'll be previewing two of the Wise Intelligence stories over at Newsarama - the first will be Sid's "Invincible" story with my first new column, with Scott Kellogg's "Spirit Animals" being previewed in the final column.

As for now, here's a look at two of Phil's sketches. The first is Elizabeth - a girl in two of Servo's classes who the fraternity guy has a major crush on. The second is Sera, the wonderful fun-loving girlfriend of Servo's best bud - Whorfin!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home