Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Brief Look at "Philly"

Philly is a series that is written by myself with amazing art by Jim Hanna with Evolution Studios and inked/colored by Raph with MAKMA Studios.

The first storyarc follows the young superhero team 'The Trio' as they align themselves with local police to investigate a rash of cop killings. The murders tie into a drug that has been killing rich teens and seemingly produced by a group of nasty vampires.

The idea for this book came about six years ago when it was titled 'The Trio'. I originally saw it as a comedy comic book about three best friends who got superpowers and decided to try and become superheroes. As time went on I saw this book as a chance to totally rip heroes apart while getting some of my own personal thoughts of how heroes might actually act in and out of uniform.

The result? I'm not sure until someone reads it. But the art looks PHENOM and I couldn't be happier. Here's two random pages from the pitch, you can always e-mail me with thoughts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home