Monday, January 17, 2005

To Look Forward To In 2005

Nothing (really) comic book related...but since this is the only blog I have...I figured I'd point out some of the things I'm VERY excited about in 2005.

(1) New Jamiroquai Album - So far titled 'Dynamite', its the band's first album since 2001 and a long time coming. Done with producers from the U.S., my favorite band looks to have their first breakout album since 1996's Travelling Without Moving.

(2) Family Guy - Season Premiere May 1, 2005. This show is just brilliant and I loved it when it was on, bummed that it got cancelled, immediately bought the DVDs, and VERY glad Fox uncancelled it and started new episodes. It's been a long time coming and hopefully the show will stay on for many seasons to come. Of course also in May is...

(3) Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith. I'm a big Star Wars fan. My holy grail is framed downstairs...an original 'Revenge of the Jedi' movie poster. Now comes Episode 3 and while many hated the first two (I didn't like both at first, but they've come to REALLY grow on me) this should be the movie that fans have been waiting for.

(4) Esthero. Both her EP (We R In Need Of A Musical Revolution) and her LP (Wikked Lil Girls) come out this year and it is a long time coming...I think her first album came out in, what, 1998? Esthero is AMAZING and my 2nd favorite artist (behind Jamiroquai).

Lots of other great things to come...Batman Begins, new Harry Potter movie and book, and let's not forget the premiere of Wise Intelligence!!! But those four things are the four pillars of my entertainment year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home