Saturday, December 18, 2004

BIO: Howie Noeldechen

Up rather late after watching a great documentary at my friend's house, so I thought I'd grab a beer and do some late night 'surfing'. Also figured I'd post the first of eleven bios here on the blog. These bios will appear somewhat in the Wise Intelligence Anthology comic, but I'm sure they'll be edited at some length because of space. So this will be a chance to read a full bio...as written by the artist themselves.

I first met Howie at WizardWorld: Philly this year and loved the hell out of his self-published book 'Mr. Scootles'. He agreed to do a story for this book before there was a book, back when it was just me writing a story and Howie just saying, "Alright...I guess...you are a SCHMUCK...but I'll draw for you." He did an amazing job on his story and I'll include a small look at his pencils below. I'd love to show the whole piece, but since it is only two pages long...it is sort of hard to just show everything.

Without further adieu:



Howard C. Noeldechen, also known as H.C.Noel,was born in New York but shuffled around as a young child to Williamsport,PA where he discovered the emotion known as embarrassment. He would later refine this emotion at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York where he graduated with honors, despite not being in the final show for his class. He greatly admires his father and he desperately aims to make him proud. Sadly, as a goal, he has chosen to be a dreadful cartoonist. His mother, a far more talented serious artist, lives far away in Texas and has not seen her son during Christmas for several years. Mr. Noeldechen is an Uncle and has several cartoon projects which appear on his website, www.hcnoel.com. Every Tuesday a new episode of his comic, The Salesman, appears entirely for free! His sequential art series,
Mr. Scootles, has been kindly reviewed in Wizard Edge and Newsarama.com and has several followers. He is currently working on Book Four, which he hopes will please many.



Tune in on MONDAY for the next installment of Comic Book Maker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home