Thursday, December 30, 2004

First Thoughts On The Mini...

I've mentioned a bit about the Wise Intelligence regular series while not really going into it much. This is because the Comic Book Maker column and this blog (at the moment) is more focused on the creation of the 'Wise Intelligence Anthology'.

However the Wise Intelligence series will be a big part of my submissions package to comic companies and I'll take a brief moment to talk about it now. With the submissions I'll be pitching WI as 4 issues - the WIA one-shot and a 3 issue WI series. That's not to say that I don't want to continue on with WI after a mini, but I figure it's easier to pitch a mini to a company at first, then try to pitch a series. If they want a series, then that's great...they can have as many issues as they want.

My artist on the series is an amazing guy named David Lafuente. He's a Spanish artist who will take over the entire comic world with his incredible artwork...a great fit for the series. Hopefully David will like to stay on and do many a arc with me. We'll see.

David's first story was a nice little 2-pager that will actually be seen this summer in PunchThroat's Ragtag (issue 3) Anthology. He's now hard at work on the first five pages and character designs. Here's a design he came up with for the Anthology cover. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home