Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Two Questions

Mark from forcewerks productions asked two questions over on the Newsarama message boards that went something like this:

Why just do B&W/greyscale for an anthology?
What is the target shelf date?

For the first question I see it as the only way to go. When I think indy comics I think Strangers In Paradise. Box Office Poison. Bone. Adolecent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters. I like the feel, I love the black and white, I love what it brings to the comic book.

Seeing the pencils of Dave Lafuente, who is doing the regular series I keep mentioning but haven't really talked about yet, I just couldn't see coloring in his work. The inking is so clean and fresh, and it truly bring a great indy feel. I'll save the coloring for a bigger book...a superhero book...things like that. But color for this book...it just wouldn't seem right.

As for a target date...there is none and that is still far off in the horizon. I'm putting together submissions packages now so we'll see if anyone wants to publish. Hopefully...the book comes SOON.

Maybe tomorrow I'll come back and explain more on how the regular series fits into the entire pitch overall and clue you in on how this one-shot leads into that. And for those interested, go check out forcewerks and then mosey on over to their BABE Force comic website. They have a trailer for a webfilm that just looks great...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home